Monday, November 23, 2009

MOVEMENT


Recently I watched on of my favorite movies, Mystery Alaska. I like the camera movement in the movie for a few reasons. First of all it’s a lot of slow moving shots. I am not a big fan of a bunch of quick shots. Most of them are long moving shots. Mainly because of the location they are filming out. Its very beautiful mountain shots. Some of the shot like in the beginning when they are all in the locker room getting ready for a game. It’s a lot of medium close up, so the audience can get to know the characters. But also you can tell the camera isn’t free hand but it seem like it is on a free stand because there is a little movement but it isn’t shaky, I believe to give a more personal feel like I am in the locker room with them. One part of this movie I love is the crane shots. Like when he is riding on a snow mobile and after it passes the crane lifts and pans to show where he is riding too, and this incredible view of an Alaskan mountain is revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment